A password will be e-mailed to you.

Miranda Kerr Diet

Miranda Kerr Diet

Miranda Kerr Diet – How She Stays Slim and Beautiful

Many people have taken an interest in Miranda Kerr’s diet methods after seeing her quickly transform back to her slim figure after having a baby.

Born in Sydney, Australia, Miranda Kerr is a former Victoria’s Secret Angel and the wife of Evan Spiegel. Born in 1983, Miranda still remains remarkably youthful in her appearance. What’s gotten people curious is how she has managed to slim down and continuously maintain her beauty and figure after having a baby boy in 2011.

Miranda is actually very passionate about nutrition and health, having studied nutrition and health psychology before pursuing a career in modeling, and having graduated from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York becoming a Certified Health Coach. She is also a qualified Holistic Health Practitioner.

Miranda also has her own product line, Kora Organics, through which she sells organic skin care products.

Miranda Kerr Diet Secrets

So what are the Miranda Kerr diet secrets that enabled her to slim down so quickly and that keeps her in top shape even with her super busy schedule?

Daily Green Juice

Miranda Kerr Diet Green JuiceIn an interview with International Design Times, Miranda revealed that she drinks green juice every day, stating that green juice has made a difference in her life and noting its alkalizing effect.

Miranda’s green juice is made from kale, cucumber, spinach, parsley and lemon.

Morning Power Shake

As an important element of Miranda Kerr’s diet, Miranda also whips up a power smoothie every morning made from super foods full of minerals, vitamins and anti-oxidizing nutrients. Her morning shake consists of coconut water, coconut milk, acai powder, goji berries, spirulina, chia seeds, macca powder and cacao powder. Before consuming her morning shake, Miranda first drinks a warm glass of water with lemon juice to “kick start” the digestion and improve the immune system.

See Miranda make her power smoothie below.


Miranda continues on with her healthy habits during the day by drinking purified water throughout the day as much as possible.

Eating Organic Whenever Possible

Miranda expressed her preference for eating organic produce whenever possible. In an interview with Harper’s Bazaar, Miranda reveals, “Rather than diet my family instilled in me a real appreciation and passion for good health and organic living” and she adds, “I love food and enjoy eating fresh organic produce.”

Not Depriving Oneself – The 80/20 Approach

In recent interviews, Miranda stated that she does not believe in depriving herself of foods she loves and so follows an 80/20 approach to eating; basically, for 80% of the diet, she follows her ideal eating regime but for the other 20% she eats what she wants.

Blood Type Diet

According to the Time Magazine website, Miranda primarily follows the Blood Type Diet by Dr. Peter D’Adamo. According to this diet, blood type A should eat mainly a vegetarian diet, blood type B does best on a mixed diet of meat, fish and dairy, blood type AB does well on a modified vegetarian diet (somewhere in between A and B), and blood type O should eat a diet high in lean protein.

Having a blood type of A, Miranda follows a diet high in vegetables, fresh juices and legumes. Read more about the Eat Right For Your Blood Type diet.

Daily Yoga

In an interview with Harper’s Bazaar, Miranda states that “Yoga is at the core of my health and wellness routine…” She makes sure to do 30 minutes of yoga every day in the morning.

Miranda also practices Nichiren Buddhism, and reportedly chants every morning and night for 20 minutes and also meditates.

Watch Miranda’s morning yoga routine below:

 

Miranda Kerr Diet, Recommended Super Foods

According to ABC News, Miranda finds the following super foods to be beneficial:

  • Noni juice – Miranda started drinking Noni juice since she was 12 years old when her grandmother introduced it to her. Now she drinks Noni juice twice a day. It is also a key ingredient in her skin care products.
  • Goji berries – Goji berries contain powerful antioxidants that may help boost the immune system. One of Miranda’s favorite indulgences is chocolate-covered goji berries.
  • Chlorella – Chlorella is a pure green algae rich in chlorophyll and nutrients, and can help detoxify your body.

Miranda also consumes coconut oil to maintain her healthy skin.

Favorite Foods

Here is a glimpse of some of Miranda’s favorite foods and snacks.

  • Baby spinach salad topped with avocado, grilled haloumi cheese, cucumber, slivered almonds, macadamia nut oil and a side of vinegar
  • Organic almonds and blueberries
  • Half an avocado with sea salt
  • Fuji apple pieces with almond butter and agave
  • Organic dark chocolate covered goji berries
  • Dark chocolate Lindt balls

Here are some more beauty and diet tips from Miranda in this interview: