A password will be e-mailed to you.

Healthy Snacks For Weight Loss

Healthy Snacks For Weight LossFor those who are trying to lose weight, choosing healthy snacks for weight loss into your diet is something you have to do to succeed in your weight loss. Going on a diet and eating Oreo cookies for snacks every day usually do not work! Ideally, you should avoid snacking in between meal unless you are of course hungry and it will prevent you from gorging at meal time. Check out article on intermittent fasting, which helps you from becoming hungry between meals.

When choosing healthy snacks for weight loss, including super foods (such as nuts or almonds, berries, etc) or healthy fats (like almond butter or avocado) into the mix is going to not only improve your health but in many cases accelerate your weight loss.

Healthy Snacks For Weight Loss

Below are great, quick healthy snacks for weight loss that are also easy to prepare.

Berries

Berries including strawberries, blueberries and blackberries are the ideal foods for healthy snacks for weight loss because they are low in sugar and contain lots of antioxidants. In order to make them taste sweet, you can mix them with the natural sweetener Stevia.

Yogurt

Plain and Greek yogurt are also great options as they contain probiotics which are essential for health, and they are also low in calories. Again mixing in Stevia will make them very sweet and delicious. If you make your own yogurt, that would even be healthier as you can ensure all the probiotics are present in the yogurt in sufficient amounts.

Fresh Juice

This is a bit more time-consuming to make, but also one of the great healthy snacks for weight loss. There are so many benefits to juicing, that you should drink fresh juices regularly anyway. Try one of the Beginner recipes from our collection of juicing recipes for weight loss.

Other Fruits in Moderation

Other fruits, popular ones being apples, bananas and oranges, are also fantastic and healthy snacks for weight loss, provided you eat them in moderation and ensure variety, as they are relatively high in sugar.

Almonds, Cashew Nuts, Walnuts

Almonds, cashew nuts and walnuts are also great additions to healthy snacks for weight loss, again provided you consume them in moderation, as they are very high in calories. Enjoy them for the flavor and texture, such as sprinkling them onto berries or yogurt.

Tips on Snacking

They key to snacking while watching your weight or health is to eat healthy 80% of the time, and allow yourself indulgences for the remaining 20% of the time. It is very important to manage your mental cravings and this usually does the trick!

Try Home Made Desserts

For your indulgences, you should consider making them yourself. Home made desserts are so much healthier than store-bought desserts as they do not contain any preservatives, chemicals and high-fructose syrup, which all make you gain weight very quickly. So long as you eat your home made desserts occasionally and watch the ingredients to ensure they don’t contain an extraordinary amount of sugar, they should not impact your weight or health.