What are Diuretic Foods?
Diuretic foods are natural diuretics that increase the flow of urine and remove the excessive fluid content from the body. Although diuretics are available in many forms like drugs, powders or supplements etc., natural diuretics is the best option. The reason is that diuretics taken in other forms will eliminate more of the essential vitamins and minerals from the body along with water. On the other hand, diuretic foods increase the excretion of urine and often even provide vitamins and minerals needed for the body.
How do diuretic foods help in weight loss?
1. Diuretic foods are rich in fiber content. Foods that contain fiber keep you full for a longer duration of time. They prevent cravings for food. When you don’t feel hungry for long periods of time, your food intake will be reduced naturally.
2. Increasing metabolism is one of the important elements of weight loss. Diuretic foods boost body metabolism. When metabolism is increased, your body burns fat rapidly and effectively. When excessive fat in the body is burnt, you are sure to lose weight.
3. Detoxification is another important essential feature to lose weight. Diuretic foods help in detoxifying the body by eliminating unnecessary toxins. This helps your body become healthier, function better, and shed the extra pounds easier.
4. Excessive water retained by your weight may be one of the reasons for the extra pounds. Eliminating this water from the body will help in losing weight.
What foods are included in the list of diuretic foods?
Diuretic foods list can be divided into five categories. They are fruits, vegetables, beverages, herbs and other foods.
All fruits that have greater water content are included in list of diuretic foods. It is a known fact that many fruits have large water content. Fruits such as watermelon, cranberries, lemon, peach, pears, apple and cucumber fruit are good diuretics.
Vegetables like cabbage, tomatoes, carrots, raw cucumber, lettuce, celery, parsley, egg plant, pumpkin, cauliflower, eggplant and beets are good diuretics.
Green tea, cranberry juice, lemon juice diluted with water, carrot juice, caffeinated drinks that do not contain sugar, coconut water and buttermilk are excellent diuretics.
Dandelion, hawthorn, holy basil leaves, alfalfa and ginkgo are a few herbal diuretics.
Other foods include oats, garlic, ginger and spices like cinnamon and apple cider vinegar.
What are other benefits of diuretic foods?
1. Water retention in body can cause various symptoms like bloating, discomfort, swelling of feet and increase in weight. Diuretic foods help in improving all these symptoms.
2. They help in increasing digestion.
3. They are effective in treating health issues like high blood pressure, dementia, edema, osteoporosis, polycystic ovary and kidney stones etc.
4. They supply the body with potassium, magnesium, vitamins and other minerals.
Taking diuretics in the form of drugs can cause side effects like weakness, dehydration, tiredness and others. Natural diuretics not only help in weight loss, but they help in keeping your body fit and healthy!
Get the most popular Crash Diets to your inbox NOW, and start becoming thinner & fitter TODAY.
We will ONLY send you 12 e-mails and then delete your e-mail.